-Consider how you would curate your social media with a critical public audience.

I have to be very careful when creating my digital identity. A good digital identity can make more people interested in knowing me, but it can also make many people criticize me. On the Internet, many people are very picky. I can’t make everyone around me like my digital identity, so I choose to minimize arguing with critics and instead communicate with people who support me.

-Identify the risks and benefits of engaging with a public audience in a media space – what are the risks for a public figure or person in a position of trust (educator, lawyer, government official)?

Public figures’ interactions with other people on social media have pros and cons. The advantage is that some public figures will convey positive energy or positive things, and convey their positive and correct ideas to others. This will help others well. The downside is that something is bad. Negative emotions will be brought to social media and will cause a bad side to others.

-Consider how to best address negative replies and critiques reflective of your personal values and employer social media policy?

For some bad negative information, I will not choose to ignore it. Because everyone’s thoughts are different, it is difficult for us to balance other thoughts and comments, so for negative comments, just ignore them.

Open conversations about media literacy and factual information can create conflicts because they have different goals. Media literacy is to make information interesting and interesting to the public, while factual information puts the authenticity of the information in the first place. Media literacy leads to false news and runs counter to factual information. Therefore, there is a conflict between media literacy and factual information.

-What is the benefit of having a PLN that values media literacy?

A PLN with media literacy can make the public more interested, make its information more popular, and people will be more willing to participate in discussions, which can make PLN have a rapid impact.

Reference

Digital Literacy Skills – Media Literacy Chapter 4 pp.66 https://learning-oreilly-com.ezproxy.library.uvic.ca/library/view/21st-century-skills/9780470475386/fade_9780470475386_oeb_c04_r1.htm